Data was gathered by:
* CareerXroads asked 200 major companies to participate; 54 firms responded within 30 days, and of that number, 40 submitted fully qualifying information.
* The 40 companies participating in the survey employ 1,281,429 people.
* 1,880 recruiters filled 207,702 full-time U.S. openings in 2006.
* Approximately 60% of all the hires reported were for exempt-level employees (58% of internal fills and 64% of external fills.)
* Contract, part-time, and contingent workers are a growing percentage of the workforce; only 10% of the respondents have no contract workers.
Workforce Vision * Post: Bill Inman * Human Capital * Contingent Workforce * Globalization * Trends * Outsourcing